The next newsletter deadline is February 28th. Please send Skye contributions and/or questions!

LF Party member quest tracker addon

Creed
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

LF Party member quest tracker addon

Post by Creed » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Im looking for a specific addon that will help me be able to see other party members quest objectives. Ive already googled myself to death...including seeing a lot of threads pertaining to quest tracking addons on the wow forums. I havent exactly found what im looking for.....and if i did then i may have gotten lost in all the over excessive text and tutorials.

All i need is a addon that marks another party members quest on the map. I dont care about how many wolves you need to kill....all i want is a little dot on the map that belongs to another party member's quest...a quest ive already done. Im trying to be a helpful hand for someone and it will be a bit troublesome not knowing where they need to go to get things done...because my memory sucks. If i can see where the objective is then the rest will come to me and the quest can be finished.

Now out of all the google searches i did, the closest one that fits the bill was a addon call carbonite. Its some kind of map addon thats also a quest tracker....but i honestly dont need a lot of what it offers. So i come here to the grievance forum to see if any of the wow players here know of any such addon that will work like this. Ill not be surprised one bit if it doesnt exist as ive already pretty much exhausted my efforts on this.

Does an addon like this exist?
* A Grievance Guild Relic and Master of Nothing *
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?"

Cataclysm
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Re: LF Party member quest tracker addon

Post by Cataclysm » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:57 pm

They would be Payed addons like Dugi Guide or Zygors Guides.

Within those you would then do a Search on the quest your party member is on.. Then you can help by following the guide.

Kai
Council Member
Council Member

Post by Kai » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm

I believe that built into the blizz UI if you mouse over a mob it will tell you if a party member has a quest to kill it, but it will not mark your map if you yourself are not on the quest.

If you don't need all of Carbonite's features, can you just deactivate them from the interface? I've never used that addon so I don't know how it works.

Working hard for something we don't care about is called stress; working hard for something we love is called passion.

Creed
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Creed » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:02 am

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 pm
I believe that built into the blizz UI if you mouse over a mob it will tell you if a party member has a quest to kill it, but it will not mark your map if you yourself are not on the quest.

If you don't need all of Carbonite's features, can you just deactivate them from the interface? I've never used that addon so I don't know how it works.
I still haven't loaded Carbonite as of yet. I'm going to try it tonight and see what I can do with it. Everything I've read seems to point to this one addon. When I get something going then I'll post back and share the results.
The other alternative is smartquest. If Carbonite doesn't work then try that one as well.
* A Grievance Guild Relic and Master of Nothing *
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?"

Return to “World of Warcraft Community Forums”