Grievance Family Reunion. This is what we do!!! When: June 15th-17th. Where: Biloxi, MS. Here is the post link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50447

Linux Gamers

Trump
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Linux Gamers

Post by Trump » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm wondering if there are any linux gamers in Grievance? If so, what games do you play (mainly ones Grievance has a presence in) and what distro do you use?

Currently I'm using Debian (testing) and wine 2.21(staging)

Cheers all and hope everyone had a good new year!

Moebius
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Re: Linux Gamers

Post by Moebius » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I think the only other one that uses linux is KaiduKhan

KaiduKhanne
COG Member
COG Member

Re: Linux Gamers

Post by KaiduKhanne » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Indeed. I am one of the few who actually values their ability to control what happens in the operating system controlling their hardware and too often, by extension, their privacy and wallets.... :o :geek:

Debian is okay, and I love some of it's principals, but even I am too impatient for improvements on their release cycle. I have recently moved 80% to Manjaro (I run a lot of hardware). It's a downstream Arch distro, with some sensibleness around *some* prebuilt packages vs arch's "build almost everything from scratch" approach.
I'm also running the brand spanking new lutris-assisted wine-staging. If you haven't checked into lutris, you should. You can even see me and the owner/manager of Lutris streaming WOW on Linux if you look at the Grievance 2016 Extra-Life stream videos on youtube.
aaaand, I was just reading today even that someone did some deep-divining into WOW and Wine and Direct 3d calls, and discovered some tweaks. They claim, with the improvements, WoW can now perform better under Wine than it does under windows due to the way the wrapper handles d3d calls in OpenGL which, as terrible as it is, has better multi-threading than d3d did, at least d3d9 anyway. And no one's going to d3d12, they're going vulkan, can't wait. And I love oxford commas, what can I say....
Rift: Darkskye / Maax - at least until I can hunt down who owns Kaidu and Khanne
"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient race in that sector and they're made out of meat." - Terry Bisson, Omni Magazine 1990

Return to “Off Topic”