Congratulations to our newest Charter Members: Cataclysm, Creed, Kai, Padraic, Static Recharge, and Twistbeard!

Destiny: Become Legend - Grievance Presence?

docholaday

Destiny: Become Legend - Grievance Presence?

Post by docholaday » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Hello Everyone,

My PSN ID is DocHolladay and I was wondering if anyone here has plans to play Destiny on the PS4 when it goes into Beta on July 17th or when it releases on September 9th of this year. I played in the Early Access Alpha this past weekend and I was absolutely blown away. This game is truly in a genre of its own and I am sure it is going to be a flagship for consoles. If there is no one currently planning on running the Destiny in-game guild or sub-forum here for Grievance the then, I would like to throw my hat in.

Thank you,

Soltanus Foo
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Re: Destiny: Become Legend - Grievance Presence?

Post by Soltanus Foo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:01 pm

A few of us played together this past weekend for the alpha. I can't speak for them, but I will definitely be buying this game. I'll also be there for Beta. My PSN is Solmarkos.

docholaday

Post by docholaday » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:33 pm

I am curious if we can get enough people to play. If so that would be amazing!

Tsetzuko
Member 4 years
Member 4 years

Post by Tsetzuko » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:14 am

Since Destiny is an FPS, it would fall under the FPS Division, which is run by Dirtdog. I know he mentioned trying to get something together for the game if enough people were interested. I'll get in touch with him and see what we can get going.
ADD Tsetzuko on Steam | Tsetzuko#1850 on Battle.net for HotS and HS | Tsetzuko on PS4 for anything co-op - My planned PS4 co-op purchases for 2015 are: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, and Battleborn.

Moebius
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Moebius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 am

I don't know if we would have an official Grievance guild/clan in Destiny or not. Usually Grievance doesn't form official presences inside of non-PC games due to the lack of teamspeak/ventrilo/mumble support in console games. I think they tried it once for the PS3 version of DC Universe but it didn't work out so well.

docholaday

Post by docholaday » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Wherever I can help, I will. I know that it is early and the game has not released yet but I have a lot of faith in this game and its potential. The PS4 does not have the best voice solution but part chat works well enough. It has no where near the capacity of PC voice but it is good enough until Sony has a chance to improve it. Destiny will have have raids, and I am sure Bungie is well aware that good communication is essential. Since the PS4 is such a new platform, I think if we plan on having a presence, its best to iron out the details before its release.

Moebius
Member 5 years
Member 5 years

Post by Moebius » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 pm

The point I was trying to make is that Grievance doesn't normally form official presences in console games not because their voice software is not good. They don't want part of the Grievance community to be separated from the majority of the community that does use Teamspeak.

Nyogtha

Post by Nyogtha » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:42 pm

I'll be playing. I've been waiting for this since before WildStar. Played a little alpha with Tsetzuko and Soltanus. I have it pre-ordered. Moebius is correct. I was told before that Grievance will only consider officially backing (guilds/embassies) games that can use the TS channel. So we could form whatever we want, but I don't think it can be tied to Grievance.

docholaday

Post by docholaday » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Moebius wrote:The point I was trying to make is that Grievance doesn't normally form official presences in console games not because their voice software is not good. They don't want part of the Grievance community to be separated from the majority of the community that does use Teamspeak.

Oh, I see what you are saying. What a shame :cry:

Emoryy

Post by Emoryy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:19 am

My husband (empty jester) and I (emoryy) will be playing when it releases on PS4! It would be great to play with you all even though we won't be waving the grievance flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “PlayStation 4”