Submissions for the next Grievance Newsletter are due by August 31st!

Titanfall 2 open alpha test opinions?

AAugust
COG Member
COG Member

Titanfall 2 open alpha test opinions?

Post by AAugust » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 am

So now that we are on the last day of this open 'pre-alpha multiplayer tech test' (they really want us to know it isn't the finished product huh?) I thought I would give my opinion, and see what the rest of you thought while I am here.

The first Titanfall, was fun for about 2 hours for me. I am pretty much garbage at shooters until I get a good amount of play time (which I like to do in a campaign mode because a kdr of 1/10 can suck the fun out of learning a game). The tutorial on this test has a race mode that reminded me a lot of trying to get around in Mirror's Edge (the mobility has greatly improved in this version). You can even equip a grappling hook that will zip you up to whatever you attach it to. The titans themselves are more varied as to their roles and abilities. This test had 2 different titans; One was a fire based model that could lay down aoe and also use it to control movement on the battlefield by blocking the ground with a lasting fire effect. The second titan was a single target dps model that had a powerful ion blaster in its chest. This test had a multiplayer mode called pilots only that takes the titan suits out of the mix if you just want to have a high mobility robot free match. Next weekend it appears they will release a co-op mode that has you team up to take on waves of enemies which is a cool change of pace from the total PVP focus of the first. They also indicated that they will be releasing a single player campaign with this version which in my opinion is one of the things that the first one would have benefited from. All in all I am still not ready to go in for the pre-order, but I do feel that the game shows marked improvement from the original, and I will be keeping a hopeful eye on it.

Return to “Titanfall”